The secret of the Druids is the second book in the Mahabharata quest series written by Doyle.C.Christopher. The book was released on 21st of June 2016. The book has got positive reviews from readers. I have got my copy recently and finished reading it in one stretch.
It is the continuation of his first book. If you haven’t read the first book in the series don’t worry the author has briefed the first part in the beginning of the book. I am not reviewing the book. I am just giving you few points why you should read this book and why you should keep away.
Why one should read it?
- If you have read the first book in the series, then it is a must read for you. As the story turns a lot more interesting in this part.
- The rich content of the book makes it a compelling one. It explores history, science and delivers a perfect story that enriches our knowledge as well.
- The way the author connects the Druids with Mahabharata is something one would love to read.
- The story will make you believe that Mahabharata is not a myth it is a history.
- The pace of the novel will keep you engaged till you finish the book.
- The narration and the detailing of the historical places are perfect and one would easily picturize it.
- On the whole it’s worthy bet to read.
Why one should keep away?
I don’t find much reasons to list here. But, may be the initial stage of the story might make one feel the story is slow. At times the historical events confuse you. (Not for me but few readers’ opinion)
The Secret of Druids according to me is a must read for thriller lovers. You don’t want to miss such a racy historical adventure. Do share your suggestions and appreciations. You can also mail me at [email protected]