So it’s been almost a month since the Harry Potter storm took over the world. The Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released on 31st July (Off course on the birthday of JK.Rowling and Harry’s). I am one of them who stood at the book store in the early hours of the day to grab a copy. The book has got mixed reviews from fans. OK, being frank I am not going to post a review here. I am just sharing few points why one should read it and shouldn’t read it.
Why should you read it?
- If you are a diehard Harry Potter fan you should read it. You will see many old characters appearing now and then throughout the play.
- The play is humorous at times.
- The twists and turns of the play keep you engaging. You may expect few surprise turn of events
- As I said earlier there are old faces you would love to see. Off course you will witness two unexpected characters making a cameo come back(Oops did I say come back)
- Once again to experience some magic.
Why one should keep away?
- First up it is not a novel, it is a play. If you expect it to be a novel and to have the same experience as the original Harry Potter series, better keep away.
- The play lacks the original feel of Harry Potter series and off course it has only a little magic in it.
- If you expect teen age fun then this is not for you. The book shows the matured part of Harry and his life.
- This play is like a fan fiction. Keep in mind this play was not written by J.K.Rowling.
- This is a script of an actual play that was showcased in London. If you want to get a better experience watch it as a play.
Do share your experience while reading Harry Potter and The Cursed Child. It might be useful for the new readers. thank you.